- Inflammation of bowel causing cramping and diarrhea.
- Inflammation of rectum and anus causing soreness, spasm, discharge, bleeding.
- Bladder inflammation causing burning, frequency spasm, pain, bleeding.
- Skin changes: redness, irritation, scaliness, blistering, or ulceration, thickening, hair loss in treatment area.
- treatment area.
- Depression of blood count leading to increased risk of infection and/or bleeding.
- Bowel wall damage causing narrowing of bowel with obstruction, ulceration or bleeding
- which may require surgical correction or colostomy, chronic diarrhea, poor absorption of food.
- Bladder damage with loss of capacity, increased frequency of urination, blood in urine, recurrent urinary infections, pain or spasm which may require urinary diversion and/or removal of bladder.
- Changes in skin texture and/or coloration, permanent hair loss in treatment area, scarring of skin.
- Bone demineralization or damage that may lead to fractures.
- Testicular damage causing reduced sperm count, infertility, sterility or temporary risk of birth defects.
- Impotence (loss of erection) or sexual dysfunction.
- Swelling of the genitalia or legs.
- Nerve damage causing pain, loss of strength or feeling in legs, and/or loss of control of bladder or rectum.
- Fistula between the bowel or bladder and other organs.